When you are seeing some wi-fi signal on your neighbourhood city and you have a laptop then what will you think?.Don’t you feel like “I wish I could some how break the password and dive into the deep oceans of the information” I believe everyone should be able to have free internet. If someday I make it big enough and I’ll be having ample money.. I promise I’ll provide free WiFi hotspots all over the places.. “Let there be INTERNET”.. even If I don’t get rich.. I’ll become a politician and would make Internet a Fundamental right to every citizen.. Now that would be something..
- Kismet – a wireless network detector
- airodump – captures packets from a wireless router
- aireplay – forges ARP requests
- aircrack – decrypts the WEP keys
5) The next step is to start collecting data from the access point with airodump. Open up a new terminal and start airodump by typing in the command:
airodump-ng -c [channel#] -w [filename] –bssid [bssid] [device]
In the above command airodump-ng starts the program,
6) Leave the above running and open another terminal. Next we will generate some fake packets to the target access point so that the speed of the data output will increase. Put in the following command:
aireplay-ng -1 0 -a [bssid] -h 00:11:22:33:44:55:66 -e [essid] [device]
In the above command we are using the airplay-ng program. The -1 tells the program the specific attack we wish to use which in this case is fake authentication with the access point.
7) Now, we will force the target access point to send out a huge amount of packets that we will be able to take advantage of by using them to attempt to crack the WEP key. Once the following command is executed, check your airodump-ng terminal and you should see the ARP packet count to start to increase. The command is:
aireplay-ng -3 -b [bssid] -h 00:11:22:33:44:5:66 [device]
In this command, the -3 tells the program the specific type of attack which in this case is packet injection,
aircrack-ng -a 1 -b [bssid] -n 128 [filename].ivs
In this comman